It’s nice that the first time I heard of the Liebster (German: “sweetheart” 😂) Award was when I was nominated for it. A big thank-you (and belated happy birthday 🎂) to the not-so-Anonymous !ndian, who celebrated her 3 3/4th birthday a few days ago (just kidding! 😜) and shows a maturity beyond her years. I’ve known her off and on for a year, and she is a really good friend. So huzzah to her!
As far as I know, what a person should do on receiving the Liebster is this:
1. Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
4. Nominate 11 other new bloggers.
5. Draft 11 new questions for the people nominated by you.
6. Notify your nominees.
But, see, I’m relatively new to blogging. And I’ve had a hard time finding even one blogger (leave alone 11!) So if I fall short in the number of bloggers required, please don’t think too badly of me 😉
Now then, here are the 11 questions AI has for me:
1. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
Hmm. I could think of a bunch of (quite boring) superpowers which no-one but I would choose! But I suppose I’d settle on reading at the speed of light 😀 (don’t kill me)
2. Which book/movie character can you relate yourself the most with?
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
This is a quizzing blog, baby. I really really (really) need questions to check out different quizzing styles, but didn’t find any good sites or blogs. So it’s actually a case of necessity-is-the-mother-of-invention. I soon began dabbling in other blogging areas, though. 🙂
4. What is the most breathtaking sight you have ever seen?
Oh, what I’d give to say it was some “host of golden daffodils” or “yon solitary Highland lass” that I saw “like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes he stared into the Pacific”! But unfortunately (for you), the most breathtaking sight I’ve ever seen (as far as I remember) is the library in my previous school. It had more than 21,200 books when I was there, and was one of the largest libraries in Oman. To me (young as I was then), it seemed as though all the books in the world were there! 😍 (I didn’t like the librarian much, though ;))
5.Books vs Movies — why?
Books, without a doubt. They’re more convenient than movies and less expensive (many books these days are way more expensive than movies, though *ahem*), and besides, you can think for yourself without having everything spoon-fed to you (ooh, So-and-So must look like this, he’s the hero!) However, both have their good sides. Movies are a good way to hang out with friends 😉 and if they’re adaptations from books, they show you another perspective on how the books could be imagined. But I still say books are better. Don’t ask me why, I’m prejudiced. 😛
6. How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
A weird (but hopefully good-hearted) young woman with a passion for quizzing, reading, and writing.
7. What is the most important lesson that life has taught you?
That life is too short to waste on meaningless quarrels and worrying about unimportant things. In the end, they’re all water under the bridge. And the people who will be with you are those who actually want to be with you. Those who don’t want to, won’t. That’s life, man, and enjoy it as it is. 🙂
8. What’s your favourite colour?
Blue. That really dark shade of blue which some call Prussian, others call Navy, and still others call Midnight? Yeah, that blue. Not really sure why.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
Anywhere in the world? Money no object? Well then, DUH. I would travel all around the world, of course! Obvious 😀 We have this one world to ourselves, isn’t it worthwhile to see every nook and corner of it? 🙂
10. Have you ever believed in ghosts?
I’m equivocal. Till you give me a particular reason why ghosts should/should not exist, I’m perfectly willing to believe they do (or they do not) exist. Proof would be better, though. As for whether I’m afraid of them, well, no. Axe-murderers scare me more than ghosts 😉
11. If you could live your life in a fictional world (like Panem, Hogwarts, etc.) which one would you choose?
Okay, of all the questions of the lot, this is the one I had to think about the most. All of them have their good and bad points (yeah, even Panem 😛). But in the end (and, believe me, this choice is extremely weird, even to me) I’d most probably go back to my early childhood and settle in the Hundred Acre Wood. 😁
Now then, for
the hard part my nominees (I could find only 9, sorry!):
I know I’m really not supposed to do this, but here goes nothing:
10. Anonymous !ndian
11. The Epic Blog (I don’t know you, Madvanthi, but I really, really hope you don’t think I’m being impertinent. I’m just at my wits’ end. 😁)
Now then, for my questions:
1. What do you think is your purpose in life?
2. Is there any person (real or fictional) who has a negative attitude but you sympathise with them? (okay, that was ATROCIOUS grammar)
3. What is the one thing you don’t like about yourself and would do anything to change?
4. Why do you blog publicly rather than writing your thoughts down only for yourself?
5. If you could do only one thing all day long, then what would you do?
6. What is your outlook towards the world?
7. If you die and go to heaven, what would you want it to be like?
8. Supposing you had only 24 hours more to live, what would you do in that time?
9. Any person who you haven’t seen in a long time but still remember as though it was just yesterday you’d seen them?
10. What do you think of your life so far?
11. What cheers you up when you’re down and not in the best moods?
I know I’ve made a complete hash of this, but at least I tried 😉 Thanks again, Yshu! 🙂
(P. S. Quite a few birthdays this week. A very, very happy birthday to @anjali_sasi, @panini_h, @ronak_specky, @kanishkashree_mumtaz, @bhadrakachayan, @abhay_warrierjeerahane, @aravindsasidharan, @sujitha_miss, and @kunhappanjr_anupriya. Love you all!